NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[joomla] Module display conditional

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Aug 17 04:48:06 EDT 2007

kirill at hostnetservices.com wrote:

> Something like that.  I only had to do this for one Module.  What you
> trying to have is a module that will display a Module and have menu
> Module results as well.

Moreso I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.  It isn't an issue for
me yet.

I was making some tweaks to AdsManager and someone else needed to get
ArtioSEF working.  I had recently done it on my site, but couldn't
remember precisely what I did(I had my changed file, but what changes
where simply to get it to work, and what changes were for my own custom
needs?)

So I gave him the bits and pieces of code I thought he needed to make
the sef file compatible with ArtioSEF and he tested it out.  Worked
fine.  He then brought up this module issue which I had noticed as well.

For his particular case, he could do it at the top of the AdsManager
component and be fine(I think).

The trick with the fake itemid menu won't work because adsmanager
doesn't really HAVE itemids(0 and 1 as far as I can see.  0 won't work,
and 1 will hit a bunch of other components).