NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] php install, libphp4.so? on debian

Eric Rank erank at isthmus.com
Tue Feb 17 14:44:40 EST 2004

Shoot, I was afraid you were going to make me remember what the details
were...

I just took a look at the configuration log files and I can't find anything
helpful. So instead here's what I remember. It was a sunday afternoon, and
there were many ./configure , make, makeinstall commands typed at the
console. I kept getting errors at the 'make install' of php4 relating to the
apxs of apache. I googled the error and searched the mailing list postings
that resulted. Eventually, I remember finding something related to libtool.
I also remember choosing to use the /usr/bin/libtool instead of the apache2
version, but I can't remember at what point, what for, or where I made the
configuration change. Nothing I have gives me any indication of what I did.
I should have been taking notes! Now *I* want to know.

Sorry this isn't more help. That's all I got. If I remember, I'll get back
to you.

Eric.