NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] PHP Proxy

Tero Tähtinen tero.tahtinen at kateetti.fi
Fri May 12 01:44:15 EDT 2006

I've built a PHP proxy few years ago also. Are you using the web proxy with
www-client (~Firefox) or are you using it with Curl or some library like
that?

Because after you have configured the web-proxy to web browser it should use
it to all links/images/data files automatically. Have you checked that there
ain't any list of sites that should be connected directly?

Main problem with my proxy-server was ability to reuse socket connection
with following request's from same source. First it would be easiest to add
an extra header to content you send to browser (or Curl) with following
line: "Connection: close" . I recommend that you build somekind of header
parser that can modify received and forwarded headers. For example all kinds
of cache headers could be that way disabled (if so wanted).

If you make header parser it is quite easy to add for example max image
filesizes and conversion from different file formats to another. This way I
can now browse web with my mobilephone because all pictures are converted
and sent much smaller than they appear at websites.

- Tero Tähtinen