NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] [OT] Voting

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Thu Aug 28 13:31:13 EDT 2008

As originally conceived, the United States of America was not
a "democracy" but a "Constitutional republic".   School kids today are
taught that these two things are the same, but in fact, they are not.

In a Constitutional Republic, the popular vote, or any executive of
any governmental branch alone, cannot supersede the Constitution and
the rights granted therein.  Only an Amendment to the Constitution can
have this power, and that was never something that was meant to
be "voted on" in a "general democratic election" where 51% of people
could exercise a "tyranny of the majority" over the other hapless
49%.

[I, personally, would not feel at all comfortable living in a
true "democracy" where at least 80% of the population were, by any
standards, borderline illiterate and completely uninformed about
reality.  The governmental form we now have, which is essentially an
oligarchy where the "globalists" dictate policy and we have this farce
of a "two party system" we can "vote for", at least has the benefit of
being completely unaffected by the "popular vote".]

I belong to a hereditary historical/patriotic society and we are asked
to swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America --
NOT the "elected government" of the United States of America, who
themselves, in the present day, are not upholding the Constitution and
the rights granted therein, and in fact from a strictly Constitutional
standpoint are probably illegitimate.

-- Kristina